Methods of diagnosis and treatment have inadequately addressed the complex needs of many Lyme disease patients. Your gift helps us advance the critical knowledge and clinical tools urgently needed to improve Lyme disease patient care and health outcomes.
The Johns Hopkins Medicine Lyme Disease Research Center is committed to addressing the Lyme disease epidemic by:
- Establishing a robust clinical research biorepository and database to advance the understanding of complex Lyme disease biologic mechanisms
- Identifying biomarkers to improve diagnostics and measure treatment success
- Initiating a fellowship training program in Lyme Disease
- Educating physicians and the public about Lyme disease and tick borne illnesses
- Creating a Center of Excellence capable of validating advanced diagnostics and novel treatments for all stages of Lyme disease
How can you help?
Your philanthropic support allows the Center to accelerate research and education that will translate into better ways of diagnosing and treating Lyme disease.
Help transform patients lives by donating online today
There are many ways to support the Center
- Make a financial gift
- Make a financial gift in honor of a physician or in memory of a loved one
- Support a fellowship program to train Lyme disease researchers and clinicians
- Donate to a specific research or clinical project
- Contact the Johns Hopkins Office of Gift Planning (1-800-548-1268) to include the Johns Hopkins Medicine Lyme Disease Research Center in your estate plans
Help Develop the Next Generation of Lyme Disease Experts
The Johns Hopkins Medicine Lyme Disease Research Center Fellowship
The Center has embarked on an ambitious fundraising campaign to establish an inaugural fellowship training program to meet the growing need for a highly skilled clinical and research physician workforce in Lyme disease and other tickborne diseases.
Fellowships are rigorous and intensive educational experiences in the advanced training phase of a physician specialist. Under Center Director, John Aucott, MD, the Center’s fellows will develop the ability to meet the unique care needs of Lyme disease patients. Fellows will also be charged with developing research projects that will ultimately improve Lyme disease and tickborne disease diagnostics and therapeutics.
Once a Lyme Disease Research Center Fellow has successfully completed the two year training period, he/she/they will have the ability to tackle Lyme disease by making a successful transition into faculty positions at Johns Hopkins or other preeminent institutions across the country and the world.
How can your gift make a difference?
Your financial contribution can:
- Support the training and mentorship of new Lyme disease researchers, fellows, and clinicians
- Move our scientists and physicians closer to discovering new tools for early diagnosis, novel treatment approaches, and the ultimate discovery of a cure
- Support efforts to improve quality of life for our patients
- Help the Center acquire essential equipment and laboratory supplies
- Fund patient and health care provider education
How can you make a financial gift?
Tax-deductible donations supporting the work of the Johns Hopkins Medicine Lyme Disease Research Center can be sent to the following address:
Anne Kennan Taylor
Johns Hopkins at Keswick
Office of Advancement Services
Attn: RevMgmt – Department of Medicine
3910 Keswick Road, Suite N2100
Baltimore, MD 21211
Checks should be made payable to Johns Hopkins University. Please indicate in the memo section of the check that the donation is in support of The Johns Hopkins Medicine Lyme Disease Research Center.
For gifts of appreciated securities or for wiring instructions, or any other questions regarding philanthropic support of the Center, please contact:
Anne Kennan Taylor
Fund for Johns Hopkins Medicine
We thank you for your support!