While outside walking, hiking, playing sports, gardening, or relaxing, please be aware of Lyme disease.
- Lyme disease is a worldwide tick-borne epidemic.
- There are ~476,000 new cases each year in the US alone.
- This multi-system bacterial infection is transmitted to humans through the bite of an infected deer tick.
- Every age is at risk for contracting Lyme disease and tick-borne illness.
- Early diagnosis enables early treatment and the best prognosis.
- Delayed treatment is associated with more persistent symptoms that can be debilitating.
Prevention is Key. Daily Practices Matter.
- Enjoy the outdoors safely by using preventative measures to minimize your Lyme disease and tick-borne disease risk.
- Do daily tick-checks.
- Learn what to do after a tick bite.
Suspicious Rash or Flu-Like Symptoms?